13 Stripes 60-day “TEAM/PALEO” Challenge (start date AUGUST 20, 2012)
This challenge is going to be a TEAM PALEO Challenge. With teams of two competing. You will help keep each other on track and pace to reach and EXCEED your goals and expectations. You will inherently win or lose as a team, however, have the opportunity to win top male and top female competitor.
This challenge is a way to better health and performance for a longer, happier life. You must consider new habits, routines, and time management to help this new lifestyle become easier. You might have to overcome temptations while you’re “on the go,” with friends, attending a wedding, birthday party, on vacation, or in your own home. There are no exceptions.
The Paleo challenge is 8 weeks long and $45 per person to participate. Money must be in the form of Cash or Check and be submitted at least 5 days prior to the challenge start date (AUG. 20). The more people who participate, the larger the prize. One team will win, as well as the top male and top female competitor.
Preparing for the Challenge
- Take a Before & After picture. To be eligible to win, you must take a before/after picture. If you’re a challenge winner, we reserve the right to promote your results. It’s best to wear a bathing suit or something tight fitting to observe your results.
- Take measurements. Weight (in bathing suit), waist (largest area), chest, arms, thighs.
- Complete bench mark workout: (TBA) You will complete the Benchmark workout 3 times during the challenge. Once during kick-off, once after 4 weeks, and finally once upon completion of the challenge.
- Highly Recommended- Purchase a journal or notebook. You may keep your journal in a document that can be emailed to us as well. You will write the following in your journal:
- The Date
- # of hours you slept
- Detailed breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks (protein, veggie, Fat, herbs & spices). Consider posting portion sizes.
- WOD and Results (you must attend WODS minimum 3x/week)
- Mood: were you grumpy, happy, anxious, energetic, stressed?
During the Challenge
- Community Blog: Every Sunday you will post a comment on the 13 Stripes TEAM/PALEO challenge blog. I’ll either have questions for your to ponder, or a review of how the past weeks went.
- Journal Review: You need to submit at least 1 Journal entry weekly via email or you can write it down on a sheet of paper. It will be submitted to me between Friday-Sunday every week. I may reply with some suggestions. This leads me to bullet point #3.
- Keep a balanced meal plan: Your plate should include meat (enough to fit in your palm), 2/3 of your plate is vegetables, and some fat (1/2 avocado, handful almonds, or drizzle olive oil). For optimal results, Fruit/nuts should be limited to 1-2 servings/day, and you should limit baking and desserts.
We will choose 1 TEAM as well as 1 male and 1 female winner and we will take the following into consideration:
- Overall improvement on Benchmark WOD, daily WODs, and personal achievements
- POINT SYSTEM TRACKING
- Detailed journal entries of your wod, food, sleep, mood, etc.
- Overall Body Compostion