What is CrossFit?
Our classes focus on weightlifting, gymnastics, running, rowing, and other high intensity cardio exercises to improve your overall fitness level in the areas of strength and conditioning. All workouts and movements are based on functional movements you will see in everyday life and are 100% scalable so everyone, from those competing in CrossFit to those starting out in their fitness journey can participate in class.
- Warm-up/Accessory Work – Our classes start with warm-up movements designed to build strength in the core area and muscles needed for weightlifting and other CrossFit movements.
- Strength/Skill – Movements such as squats, deadlifts, clean and jerk, and snatches are completed to focus on strength and skill development. One day of the week this portion of the class focuses on skill work for gymnastics movements such as handstands, pull-ups, or muscle ups.
- WOD – The workout of the day or WOD is a high intensity workout that varies in movements used and time taken to complete the workout on a daily basis. These wods are designed to both increase strength and overall conditioning.
You will see an improvement in your overall fitness level, which will include:
- Cardiovascular and Respiratory Endurance
What is the CrossFit method and how is it different?
The CrossFit method is to establish a hierarchy of effort and concern that builds as follows:
- Diet: lays the molecular foundations for fitness and health.
- Metabolic Conditioning: builds capacity in each of three metabolic pathways, beginning with aerobic, then lactic acid, and then phosphocreatine pathways.
- Gymnastics: establishes functional capacity for body control and range of motion.
- Weightlifting and Throwing: develop ability to control external objects and produce power.
- Sport: applies fitness in competitive atmosphere with more randomized movements and skill mastery.